My Home Library

I moved from the city of Detroit to the suburb of Ypsilanti Township. Our closing and moving day was Valentine's day. What a gift. My husband and I are enjoying the wildlife surrounding our home. Our new deck is the perfect zone for reading a book and drinking crystal light tea (peach is my favorite).

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary by buying me bookshelves from IKEA to hold my 700+ books. Because the house is still under warranty and brand spanking new (new house smell), we cannot remodel for the next 2 years.

My Home Library is slowly coming along. When the shelves are all put together and all the books are in their proper place, to make my library a more useful and comfortable space, such items as a reading chair or small couch and floor lamp will go in front of the library. This will provide a comfortable spot to sit and read. A plush rug will also increase the posh elegance of the space.

I wanted my library to give the room a sense of intelligence and sophistication. This was achieved by picking white free standing shelves with glass doors in uniform material, style and size. They fit into a pre-existing nook. I have room for 2 1/2 more to complete the library.

I welcome suggestions and pictures of decorating ideas. Share your home library transformations. I'll be making revisions to this blog from time to time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Take: Copy Kat Book Cover Designs

Life After Whitney Houston

Authors & Me