Authors & Me

Elizabeth Nunez


Wes Moore


Karen Hunter

Gary Hardwick & Jean Winborn

As a lover of books and a collector...the NBCC was a truly remarkable and intimate literary experience. I met a dozen new people and talked about the publishing world, health and other issues. I spoke with authors in a sit down, face-to-face setting. I'm so joyed that I attended this event and look forward to doing it again.

While at the Conference, I attended a panel discussion: Share Ourselves...Healing Starts With Us. An intimate and unforgettable conversation about how we're really doing.. Featuring Terrie Williams (moderator), Ntozake Shange, Wes Moore, Sybil Wilkes, Bernice McFadden, and more. This was a very emotional, engaging and enlightening discussion.
How Black Books Keep Rising In Economic Downturn panel discussion featuring Linda Duggins (moderator), Pamela McBride, Paula Renfroe, Karen Hunter, Gregalan Williams was educating and captivating. I gained a new role model of Karen Hunter, as the journalist that she is, she was very to the point.
The Red Carpet Entrance was fun. The mock red carpet entrance of the authors while we book lovers served as the Paparazzi, taking pictures and cheering from the sidelines.
You have to see the video on NBCC's website of the rap that actress/author, Victoria Rowell did at the Walter Mosley Author of Distinction Awards Dinner. GREAT Entertainment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Donna!
I am so glad you updated your blog. I truly love the topics you cover. I am glad you had a memorable experience at the NBCC Conference. Curtis Bunn, his family and staff does a marvelous job! Now you know what all the fuss was about with me last year. Are you glad you attended this year so you didn't have to hear me talk about it, because you were right there with me. Love Ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Double Take: Copy Kat Book Cover Designs

Life After Whitney Houston

Authors & Me