Reading to the Beat!


 The Beat of My Own Drum
After the death of Music Legend and Icon, Prince, I'm more alert of the many books on music and the wonderful history of our musically talented artist. I started to increase my desire to read about musicians and the stories of our past link of what is behind the music.

I recently downloaded this kindle Edition book;
Prince: In Memory Of Prince - Inside The Music And Life Of A Superstar (Prince, Purple Rain, Music Legend) by Jackson Taylor for free, which at the time of this posting was still free. I'm fascinated with his life story. I also purchased the book on Sheila E. The Beat of My Own Drum, who was a mentor and love interest under Prince.


Beyonce
Bobby Brown's latest best seller is a must read. I feel that this book will be poignant and honest in it's telling.

I've discovered so many books on our history of African American music and culture. I'm not a big fan of Beyonce musically nor am I a little fan of her either, but I'm intrigued in wanting to read where she came from and where she is now as an iconic and entertainer of music, fascinates me.


Soul Serenade: Rhythm, Blues & Coming of Age…



Here is a link to a book review I did on Soul Serenade: Rhythm, Blues & Coming of Age Through Vinyl by Rashod Ollison. I, myself grew up with music.  Mainly from my father who introduced me to so many genres. Ollison's memoir is a trip back in time with music!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25489081-soul-serenade




               The Hippest Trip in America The Legends of Hip Hop 

There are so many books that will give a history lesson to say the least, even in children's books!

                   Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove  Soul Train: The Music, Dance, and Style of a Generation Funk: The Music, The People, and The Rhythm of The One

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double Take: Copy Kat Book Cover Designs

Life After Whitney Houston

Authors & Me